Year 7 and 8 students follow a compulsory curriculum that is largely determined by the NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA). Year 9 and 10 students follow a combination of mandatory and elective subjects. From Year 9 onwards, students can choose an increasing number of elective subjects for each stage.
Stage 4: Years 7 and 8
- History (semesterised)
- Geography (semesterised)
- Technology (Mandatory)
- Visual Arts
- Personal Development, Health and Physical Education
- Fortunae (Year 7 only)
- Languages (chosen from Chinese French, German, Japanese or Latin).
Stage 5: Years 9 and 10
All students study:
Students also choose to study three elective subjects from:
- Elective Geography
- Elective History
- Food Technology
- Graphics Technology
- Photographic & Digital Media
- Visual Arts
* Students can also be considered for acceleration in Mathematics or Business Studies.
Assessment Guidelines Advice Years 7 – 9
- Assessment guidelines are provided for each Year group for Years 7 – 9.
- Individual task dates and deadlines are subject to change and students will be notified in advance of these changes.
- These are made available to students and parents/carers to provide a guide as to the nature of tasks in each subject and outline when whole form tasks and tests take place in each term.
- Please note some subjects are semesterised including History and Geography.
- In some faculty and subject areas there are only one or two common tasks and other additional tasks are set by the subject teacher for a specific class. Students will be notifed of these tasks in advance.