Our students continue as individuals and in groups to be outstanding academic achievers. In 2017 twenty seven Fortians featured on the HSC Top All-rounders List.
2017 HSC Results
2017 Top All Rounders
This list acknowledges students who achieved in the highest performance band in 10 or more units in the HSC.
|Samuel Alexander-Prideaux||Jefferson Lee||Vivian Truong|
|Jessica Boyley||Harvey Ling||Lilian Wang|
|Dawnlicity Charls||Vivek Mishra||Regina Wang|
|Terry Huynh||Jim Ng||Henry Wen|
|Anthony Kwee Kartawardana||Gulsher Qureshi||Brandon Wong|
|Otto Khoo||David Sulisto||Eason Xia|
|Jennifer Kim||Alana Tarrant||Angela Zha|
|Seamus Kirk||Monica Tran||Selina Zhang|
|Olivia Le Khac||Justin Trinh||Kevin Zhu|
First in Course
In 2017 the following students achieved first place in course Higher School Certificate:
|Angela Zha||German Continuers||1st|
|Angela Zha||German Extension||1st|
|John Bivell *||Earth and Environmental Science||1st|
|Julian Van Gerwen *||Mathematics 2 unit||1st|
|Julian Van Gerwen *||Mathematics Extension 1||1st|
Top Achievers in Course
The top achievers in Course list indicates the students who achieved in the top 5, 10 or 20 places (depending on overall size) for each HSC course.
|Samuel Alexander-Prideaux||Ancient History||9th|
|Jefferson Lee||Modern History||7th|
|Igor Djurdjevic||Serbian Continuers (Saturday School)||3rd|
|Vivian Truong||Legal Studies||6th|
|Angela Zha||Chinese in Context||3rd|
Each year the Board of Studies showcases outstanding student work in a series of exhibitions and showcases. In 2017 the nominated & selected Fortians were:
ONSTAGE – Drama
|Samuel Martin||Individual Performance||Nominated|
|Gracia Clifford, Emily Henderson, Cole Johnstone & Samuel Martin||Group Performance||Seymour Centre|
ENCORE – Music
In 2017 168 Year 12 students and 67 accelerants undertook study in 32 NSW Board of Studies Developed Courses (including one school-based Vocational Education Course).
Of the 168 Year 12 students sitting HSC examinations, 115 students received a result in the highest band possible for two or more courses and are recognised on the NSW Education Standards Authority Distinguished Achievers List.
The 2017 results reflect strong performances particularly in:
- 100% of candidates in Chinese in Context, English Extension 2, Information Process and Technology, Music Extension, Earth & Environmental Science, and Visual Arts achieved in Bands 5 and 6.
- Biology – 21 students received Band 6 (54% of cohort)
- Chinese in Context – 4 students received Band 6 (57% of the cohort)
- Drama – 8 students received Band 6 (66% of the cohort)
- English Extension 1 – 14 Students received E4 ( 70% of cohort)
- English Extension 2 – 12 Students received E4 ( 60% of cohort)
- Geography – 4 Students received Band 6 (50% of cohort)
- Legal Studies – 15 students received Band 6 (50% of the cohort)
- Mathematics 2U – 62 students received Band 6 (64% of the cohort)
- Mathematics Extension 1 – 82 students received E4 (73% of the cohort)
- Mathematics Extension 2 – 34 students received E4 (48% of the cohort)
- Modern History – 12 students received Band 6 (52% of the cohort)
- Music 2 – 8 students received Band 6 (61% of the cohort)
- Music Extension – 5 students received E4 (100% of the cohort)