Our students continue as individuals and in groups to be outstanding academic achievers. In 2018 twenty four Fortians featured on the HSC Top All-rounders List.
2018 HSC Results
2018 Top All Rounders
This list acknowledges students who achieved in the highest performance band in 10 or more units in the HSC.
|John Bivell||Yasmin Kirk||David Ting|
|Harry Brook||Rachel Lee||Julian Van Gerwen|
|Vincent Chen||Marina Li||Alan Vien|
|Morris Cheng||Annaliese McGuirk||William Wang|
|Samantha Chia||Adrian Mok||Aaron Winata|
|Claire Fan||Sai Nehal Nukala||Max Xue|
|Leonardo Fan||Zachary Somy||Summer Zhang|
|Cole Johnson||Simon Tang||Skyler Zou|
First in Course
In 2018 the following students achieved first place in course Higher School Certificate:
Top Achievers in Course
The top achievers in Course list indicates the students who achieved in the top 5, 10 or 20 places (depending on overall size) for each HSC course.
|Cole Johnson||English Advanced||4th|
|Cole Johnson||Legal Studies||14th|
|Moss Johnston||History Extension||9th|
|Erika Koit||English Advanced||5th|
|Anson Lee||Information Processes and Technology||2nd|
|Julian Van Gerwen||Biology||14th|
Each year the Board of Studies showcases outstanding student work in a series of exhibitions and showcases. In 2017 the nominated & selected Fortians were:
ONSTAGE – Drama
|Vanessa Lam||Individual Performance||Nominated|
WordExpress – English Extension 2
|John Bivell||Critical Writing||Showcased|
In 2018 157 Year 12 students and 44 accelerants undertook study in 32 NSW Board of Studies Developed Courses (including one school-based Vocational Education Course).
Of the 157 Year 12 students sitting HSC examinations, 91 students received a result in the highest band possible for two or more courses and are recognised on the NSW Education Standards Authority Distinguished Achievers List.
The 2018 results reflect strong performances particularly in:
- 100% of candidates in Earth & Environmental Science, Geography, Information Processes and Technology, Japanese Continuers, Music 2, Music Extension, PDHPE, and Visual Arts achieved in Bands 5 and 6.
- Chinese in Context – 3 students received Band 6 (75% of the cohort)
- Earth and Environmental Science – 4 students received Band 6 (44% of the cohort)
- English Extension 1 – 22 Students received E4 ( 57% of cohort)
- English Extension 2 – 9 Students received E4 ( 52% of cohort)
- Information Processes and Technology – 7 students received Band 6 (63% of the cohort)
- Japanese Continuers- 3 students received Band 6 (50% of the cohort)
- Japanese Extension- 2 students received Band 6 (66% of the cohort)
- Legal Studies – 11 students received Band 6 (47% of the cohort)
- Mathematics 2U – 70 students received Band 6 (61% of the cohort)
- Mathematics Extension 1 – 58 students received E4 (59% of the cohort)
- Mathematics Extension 2 – 17 students received E4 (46% of the cohort)
- Modern History – 11 students received Band 6 (50% of the cohort)
- PDHPE – 9 students received Band 6 (75% of the cohort)