The FSHS school plan has been developed in consultation with staff, students, and parents through various focus group activities and a community forum. The initial framework of the plan was developed at the annual executive conference. Parent, student and teacher representatives provided valuable input to the development of the three strategic directions.
faber est quisque fortunae
This motto (each person is a maker of their own destiny) underpins the values and expectations of this great school. Our academically selective school is proudly multicultural; a school which encourages and celebrates diversity, tolerance, acceptance and individuals working together to form a vibrant and questioning community.
The school exit profile articulates the vision for student achievement. Successful Fortians will have:
- maximised their academic potential
- developed individual skills and talents across a variety of areas
- developed learning strategies to equip them to be independent, self-motivated and life-long learners
- developed emotional resilience, self-reliance, interpersonal skills, the capacity to connect to others and leadership potential
- recognised their responsibilities to the wider community
- developed a strong sense of social justice as well as a commitment to fairness and equity.
FSHS School strategic directions 2018 – 2020
STRATEGIC DIRECTION 1 : Excellent Teaching, Effective Learning,
To engage Fortians as collaborative, effective learners, to become creative, critical thinkers and leaders.
STRATEGIC DIRECTION 2: Inclusive, positive school culture
To develop a culture of positive relationships across the school community, which enable students to connect, succeed and thrive, in the school and beyond.
STRATEGIC DIRECTION 3: Engaging Community
To strengthen the school community through improvement of the virtual and physical school environments, and by enhancing relationships with parents, alumni and outside organisations.
The 2018-2020 School Plan can be viewed here: