Application packages can be downloaded here from Friday 21 June till 26 July 2019.
The completed application pack is to be returned directly to Fort Street High School.
A submitted application should include the following:
- Completed application form
- Handwritten English essay (topic set by Fort Street High)
- A certified copy of the applicant’s Birth Certificate or Passport
- Copies of school reports – Semester 1 (present year) and Semester 2 (previous year)
- Copies of evidence of recent participation in academic competitions and co-curricular activities
- English, English Writing and Mathematics Competition results or other evidence of performance in literacy and numeracy
- Administration Fee (non-refundable)
- Year 11 applicants are also required to sit an Entrance Test. The Mathematics and English test will be conducted at the school in early August. Alternative testing arrangements cannot be made.
All applications are reviewed by our Selection Committee.
Entry is limited with vacancies occurring only when a current student leaves the school. Applications are reviewed and a short list of the top twenty applications are established. When a place becomes available, candidates on the short list will be interviewed and a place offered.
Applicants are shortlisted on Mathematics and English test results. Applications of candidates with the highest test results are reviewed. Selected applicants are interviewed and places are offered based on subject availability.