The Foundation began as an initiative of a group of 1949 Fortians who were returning to the School for their 50th year anniversary.
They saw the need to establish a way to raise funds for the school but as a seperate entity. Then, as now, the focus was to support the school by raising money for a wide range of projects including the development and refurbishment of facilities, bursaries and student support. The Foundation is governed by a Board consisting of Fortian alumni and representatives of the school community.
The Foundation is divided into three areas of donation: the Building Fund, the Library fund and the Education Fund. Donations to the Building and Library Funds are tax deductible and can only be accessed with the approval of the School Council.
The Building Fund
Assists in financing major capital works. In recent years this has included:
- The refurbishment of the Science laboratory
- An upgrade of the School Hall’s sound and lighting system
- The refurbishment of existing areas into technology spaces and additional learning areas
- A commercial dishwasher
- The establishment of the “Ron Horan Room” – an interactive area where students can research the rich history of Fort Street High School and its alumni
The Library Fund
Assists with technology upgrades and provides funds to help maintain and improve library facilities. This includes:
- The purchase of specialised computing equipment
- Supporting the school website
- Supporting the school archival program
The Education Fund
Assists students and staff in many ways. In recent years this has included:
- Providing bursary assistance to families in need
- The acquisition of educational equipment
- Enhancing the professional development of our teaching staff
- Providing financial support for students involved in co curricular events
Many Australian companies offer a matching gifts program, where any donation made to an Australian based registered charity is matched by the employer. The Fort Street Foundation is an eligible registered charity and we encourage donors to ask their employer about registering their gifts via this program. Matching gifts is a simple and easy way to double the impact.
|George Jaksic||Fortians Union Director and Deputy President|
|Karen DiStefano||Relieving Principal|
|Catriona Arcamone||Staff Director|
|Don Newby||School Council Director|
|Ethel Talty||P&C Director|
|Mark Lindsay||Public Officer and Director|
|Jules Davies||Executive Officer|
Reunions are a fantastic opportunity for Fortians to reconnect with others from their year group and with the current school. If you would like to visit the school as part of your reunion activities then please contact Mrs Jules Davies on 0422 985157 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Contact: Jules Davies
- Executive Officer
- Email: email@example.com